Temporary Foreign Workers
Calgary Temporary Foreign
Worker Immigration Consultants
Illuminate Canada is a professional immigration firm in Calgary offering expertise and assistance to individuals who wish to work legally in Canada. Our Calgary immigration consultants have over 20 years of experience in temporary foreign worker applications and processing.
About Canada’s Temporary
Foreign Worker Immigration Program
Foreign workers in Canada can be either permanent residents or people who are not Canadian citizens. In most cases, foreign workers will need work permits from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Temporary Foreign Workers from certain countries must also get a temporary resident visa before arriving in Canada.
Temporary Foreign Worker
- Your employer may need to get approval to hire a foreign worker. This approval is called a Labour Market Impact Assessment, or LMIA.
- Your employer will send you a copy of the LMIA, along with an offer of employment.
- Once you have both of these documents, you can apply for your work permit and visa. We will guide you through these application processes and help you collect the necessary documents and complete the necessary paperwork to submit an application.
- Once submitted, your application should take approximately 12-16 days to be processed (not including document mailing time).
- If your application is approved, you will be contacted by the CIC, and we will help you prepare for your arrival into Canada. If your application is rejected, CIC will return your application with the reason(s) why it was rejected. We can help you file an appeal if necessary.
Illuminate Canada performs assessments based on the information you provide. Our office does not guarantee entry into Canada: your entry to Canada is at the sole discretion of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). We simply present the best scenario for you to come to Canada, provide guidance throughout the process, and guarantee our professionalism and due diligence in helping you apply.