If you are a skilled worker in Saskatchewan and you meet the following qualifications, you may opt to apply for permanent residency in Saskatchewan.
Listed below are the qualifications:
- You are a skilled worker, a manager or a professional with a full-time occupation offer or have worked in HRSDC/NAFTA for six months with a full-time job offer in the land of Saskatchewan.
- You must score at least 35 points in the federal skilled worker class if you haven’t worked for six months in Saskatchewan.
- You must be able to communicate using the English language.
If your profession is health related or you are a health care worker, you can be qualified for the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nomination Program (SINP) provided that the following conditions are met:
- You are a full-time physician who practiced in Saskatchewan holding a six-month work permit.
- You have a letter of endorsement from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan.
- You are a licensed, registered nurse working in Saskatchewan with a letter of endorsement from the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan.
- You are able to communicate well using the English language.
Farming is another occupation qualified for permanent residency in Saskatchewan. If you are a farmer with a net worth of at least $500,000 CAD, you may opt to apply using this class. As an applicant you need to have an offer or intent to purchase an existing farming operation or start a farming operation in Saskatchewan. You need to be in Saskatchewan for at least five working days for a visit and interview with a SINP representative. An additional qualification is your farm knowledge and experience.
Foreign students also have a chance for permanent residence in Saskatchewan. Graduated foreign students working for about six months with a Saskatchewan employer can apply under this program. They must also have one year at an academic program with a certificate or diploma acknowledged by a post-secondary educational institution in Saskatchewan. Foreign students sponsored by an agency or by their country are not eligible to apply under this class, as they have the intent to get back to their original homeland.
Lastly, you may apply under the entrepreneur class provided you pass the following conditions:
- At least three years of business management experience.
- A personal net worth of $250,000 CAD.
- Financial capability to finance or establish a new or existing business in Saskatchewan.
- Submission of a business proposal.
- A visit in Saskatchewan for a minimum of 5 working days for the visitation seminar and necessary interviews.
- A deposit amounting to $75,000 CAD and a signed performance agreement.
- Management of at least 33.3% of the business in Saskatchewan with a set minimum investment capital.