CANADA LABOR MARKET OPINION APPLICATION & ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT OPINION ASSISTANCE
As an employer wanting to fill a labour shortage in your business, you mayneed to hire skilled international workers. A major requirement in hiring an international worker is providing a positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO). An LMO is proof that no Canadian worker is able to supply your need and hiring an international skilled worker is necessary.
Remember the following guidelines for a positive LMO:
- You must show that you made the effort to train a permanent resident or a Canadian worker. This demonstrates the need for an international skilled worker exists.
- The wage you offer follows the legal wage given to Canadians for the same job.
- Working conditions must meet the standards of the Canadian labour market.
- You must show the benefits of hiring an international worker in the Canadian labour market, such as the transfer of skills to Canadian workers. A skilled worker in your business may lead to Canadian workers learning from the skilled worker and acquiring those needed skills.
Remember that you cannot start recruiting an international worker without the pre-approval of the LMO. You need to submit a completed application to a Service Canada Centre that processes international worker applications. The centre will notify you when your application has been approved.
Once you receive the positive LMO, you will need to send it to your prospective international worker for her/him to attach to his/ her application for a work permit.
As an employer, do not forget to consider the above key points. There are twice the benefits when hiring an international skilled worker. Not only do you supply your business or industry with a skilled worker, you provide an international worker the chance for a new life in Canada.
Call Illuminate Canada Staffing and Immigration. We will be very glad to help you find the right worker you need and we will assist you with your LMO.
ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT OPINION
Illuminate Canada Staffing and Immigration can assist you with your need for an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) and we will work closely with you for faster processing of your applications. An AEO is for applicants who have an offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer. Holding an AEO improves the chances of having a federal skilled worker application approved and certain requirements apply depending on your situation.
If you are currently working in Canada, the requisites are:
- If you belong to the Federal Skilled Worker category, an employer must have offered you a permanent job in Canada.
- You need to have a temporary work permit confirmed by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC).
If you are not working in Canada or you do not have a valid work permit, or you have a work permit but the circumstances are different than those prescribed, the offer may be valid if the following conditions are met:
- If the employer made an offer to hire you on an undetermined basis as a federal skilled worker.
- If the employer has obtained a positive AEO from HRSDC.
- As an applicant you have all the required Canadian licensing or regulatory standards in regards to the job.
If HRSDC approves your permanent job offer, the processing of your application for permanent residency in Canada will surely speed up. It is believed that an applicant with an approved AEO will help the labour shortage in the country so their application will be processed faster.
HRSDC considers many points while assessing a job offer from an employer. They consider the occupation of the skilled worker and the details of the wages and working conditions. If the wage offered is lower compared to the wages being received by Canadian workers doing the same job, your application will likely not be approved. The genuineness of the offer and employer history will also be considered. Remember that HRSDC will only confirm a job offer if it is full-time and permanent, not seasonal or for a pre-determined period of time.
For Arranged Employment Opinion assistance, call Illuminate Canada Staffing and Immigration for more details.CLICK HERE FOR IMMIGRATION ASSESSMENT Due to constantly changing regulations, we cannot fully guarantee the accuracy of the information on this site. Please contact us to confirm information.