If you want to apply for a permanent stay in Canada and you are a foreign worker or a foreign student, it may be easier for you. A foreign worker is someone with two years of work experience as a skilled worker within the last three years of his or her stay. The applicant will be evaluated based on experience and language skills. The advantage of this class is that you can continue your application even if you have left Canada and are back in your own homeland, as long as your work experience was gained in Canada.
Skilled workers who belong to skill type O pertain to managerial occupations. Skill level A is for professional occupations and skill level B is for technical occupation and skilled trades.
If you graduated in Canada and have been working for at least a year in a high skill occupation within the last three years, you may also have the qualities to become a permanent resident in Canada.
If you belong to the two above classes you are believed to be very familiar with Canadian culture and are expected to make a good contribution to the Canadian economy. You are expected to have enough knowledge of English or French and of course, a career that qualifies in their set category.
Below are those who are qualified for Canadian Experience Class:
- You must not have the intention to live in the province of QUEBEC.
- You are a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time skilled work experience in Canada OR you are a graduate from a Canadian Institution and have worked as a skilled worker for at least one year, carrying the proper work and study authorization.
- You can apply if you are working in Canada or within one year of leaving your job in Canada or from your home country.
- You must pass an independent language test.
HOW TO APPLY AS EXPERIENCE CLASS?
If you know you are qualified to apply as a permanent resident through the Canadian experience class, you need to know the process for applying for permanent residency.
- First, obtain an application package. This includes all the necessary forms you need to fill out.
- Make sure to read the guide well. Remember that the processing fee you will be paying is not refundable and error in filling out the forms can cause you delay and added expense on your part. It is also advisable to check your eligibility to apply for permanent residency using Canadian experience class.
- Complete and correctly fill out the application form and include the necessary and complete documents for smooth processing.
- Take a language test and include the results in the required documents.
- Calculate and prepare the necessary expenses for processing your application. You will need to pay processing fees and you need to make sure you are ready for this. The processing fee includes a Right of Permanent Residence fee for you and your dependents. This is needed before the processing of your permanent resident visa. You will also need to allocate budget for your medical examination, language test and security and criminal check.
- Once all requirements and forms are accomplished, mail your documents for processing.
What’s next after applying under Canadian Experience Class?
After the evaluation of your submitted documents and background and qualification, CIC will make their decision on your application for permanent residency. Once you’ve been approved and have passed the requirements needed, you will be notified by the CIC with the next steps you need to take to complete the process. All you can do after submitting your application is wait for this notification which is usually three months after receipt of your application.
If you have been notified and confirmed to have passed the evaluation, you will now meet an immigration officer for an interview. Do not forget to bring the necessary documents with you. Remember to bring your valid passport or other travel documents. The passport has to be a regular or private passport and not a diplomatic one. Included in the list of documents to bring with you is your permanent resident visa and the confirmation or COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence).
You will be asked few questions. All you have to do is prove that you meet the requirements of becoming a Canadian immigrant. The interview will deal more with what you have written in your application form. In the case you are proven to give false information or you fail the interview, your application for permanent residency will be denied.
It is a good idea to prepare for this interview. Relax and be honest. These are very important factors in passing the final step towards living in Canada. Once you satisfy the officer and you are found deserving and capable of living in Canada, the officer will give you permanent resident status and will confirm your Canadian mailing address.CLICK HERE FOR IMMIGRATION ASSESSMENT Due to constantly changing regulations, we cannot fully guarantee the accuracy of the information on this site. Please contact us to confirm information.