If you want to migrate to Alberta, you may consider the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program. Check below for the qualifications and requisites:
- Using the strategic recruitment stream, you may apply using the Engineering Occupation strategy. Eligible for this class are those residing in Alberta who have completed engineer, designer or drafter education and training. Your occupation has to be included in the listed engineering occupational list. You need to have worked in Alberta within the last 12 months in a recognized Alberta engineering, procurement or construction company or any member of the Consulting Engineers of Alberta. As an applicant you must obtain a Letter of No Objection from APEGGA (Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta, Canada).
- The Compulsory and Optional Trades Category can also be used to apply for permanent residency in Alberta. To be eligible you must currently reside in Alberta and hold a valid work permit from CIC. Your occupation must also be listed as a Compulsory or Optional trade in the province. You must have worked or are currently working for an Alberta employer in their trade business. You must have the Alberta Qualification Certificate and carry an invitation from AIT.
- You may opt to use the employer-driven stream within the skilled, semi-skilled and the international graduate category. As long as you have a valid job offer from an Alberta employer and you qualify with three years work experience, you can apply for permanent residency in Alberta. Under the skilled category you need to have formal training and education in your skilled occupation. If you fall under the semi-skilled category you need to have a job offer related to food and beverages, hospitality, manufacturing, trucking and transportation. If you are an International graduate you need to have a degree approved by a Canadian educational institution. Your job needs to fall under the skilled category and just like the skilled level, you need to have the formal education and training required for the position.
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer stream is also an option if you fall under this category. To be eligible, you need to have experience in a farm enterprise, education, training and work experience in farming, an existing farming enterprise plan in Alberta and proof of intent to finance your proposed plan from a Canadian financial institution. A minimum of $500,000 CAD to invest is also a requirement, including a net worth of $500,000 CAD or confirmation of access to other sources.
- You can also use the Family stream to apply for permanent residency. The applicant needs to have a close family member willing to sign a sponsorship for you. The sponsor has to be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, at least 21 years of age and financially able to support you.
The province of Alberta has recently made modifications to its Immigrant Nominee Program. It is known as the Alberta Work Experience Category. Read more about the changes to it’s Immigrant Nominee Program. Click here…CLICK HERE FOR IMMIGRATION ASSESSMENT Due to constantly changing regulations, we cannot fully guarantee the accuracy of the information on this site. Please contact us to confirm information.